Wednesday, January 6, 2021

In the Footsteps of Captain Renault

Now that injuries have accrued and at least one life has been lost amid 30,000 Trumpian zombies attacking the Capitol, I roll my eyes cynically at the idea that today was a tipping point that magically enabled some in the GOP to focus their eyeballs on reality. Yeah, they had a real epiphany today. What, were they complete morons up to this point, unable to anticipate the most obvious of causes and effects?

I can just hear Ted Cruz, whose slimeball minister act is such a caricature as to be B-movie worthy, saying:

"I am shocked, shocked I tell you, to find that 30,000 delusional anarchists with a history of white nationalism, conspiracy paranoia, threat-making, and ownership of automatic weapons would violently break into the Capitol."



Bob Dietz

January 6, 2021