Friday, February 11, 2022

Apologies, Malone and Rogan

I'm referring to Dr. Robert Malone and Joe Rogan. I'm not apologizing FOR them; I'm apologizing TO them. 

As I laid out in the first "Propaganda Files," my initial strategy was to warm up with analyses of specific articles about Covid in national media and then move on to a broader view. That broader view involved examining general media coverage of both Dr. Robert Malone and Joe Rogan as a keyhole to understanding current media priorities and to what degree these priorities generate propaganda rather than objective journalism.

I didn't know anything about Malone until two years ago, and I had some minimal exposure to Rogan. I've listened to exactly one full Rogan podcast and chunks of half a dozen others. So I come into this project with no great familiarity or love for either gentleman. But what I'm seeing as mainstream media responds to them is the antithesis of responsible old school journalism. I am very surprised at the intensity of opinions directed at Malone and Rogan and the filtering of information regarding them. 

All of this leads me to today's apology. I am sorry it is taking me so long to get to what I see as the meat of this project. But almost every day, someone hands me a media piece that is stunning in its lack of balance and questions not asked. I take them one at a time and do the best I can. Eventually, I will get to analyzing the general media responses to Malone and Rogan. My apologies to them and the readers. 

This wading through propaganda is like dog paddling through quicksand.



Bob Dietz

February 11, 2022